Adolescent and Young Adult patterns and experiences of cancer care
- Join a world-leading research centre
- Make a significant contribution to research on the care of young people with cancer
- Full time fixed term position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer conducts high quality applied behavioural research and evaluation to inform and influence cancer control policies, programs and services. The research project “Patterns of care and experiences of care for Adolescents and Young Adults with cancer” is a an NHMRC-funded mixed-method study that has involved a medical care audit of around 1000 patients in all states of Australia and a quantitative survey to assess experiences of care among 200 patients in two Australian states.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a motivated, highly skilled Senior Research Officer to join the Patient Experiences team. In consultation with the Principal Research Fellow who is the Chief Investigator of the study, your role will be to:
- Undertake data analyses, and lead and/or contribute to the writing of papers for publication
- Manage communications with the project’s key stakeholders, including chief investigators, associate investigators, advisory committees and other stakeholders
- Complete study reporting requirements for the data collection sites
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- A Bachelor of Arts (Honours) or Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in a relevant field and substantial experience in a research related environment
- The ability to conduct quantitative statistical analyses including conducting multivariate statistical analysis using STATA or SPSS
- Effective written and oral communication skills to clearly communicate research findings to others and to write peer-reviewed journal publications.
- The ability to manage research studies with an understanding of major research design issues in behavioural research.
What we can offer you
This full-time fixed term position for 12 months provides a salary within range $70,600 – $90,000 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.
To apply and for more info
To apply for this opportunity visit www.cancervic.org.au/about/careers to download a Position Description and the Key Selection Criteria and forward your full application (resume, cover letter and completed Key Selection Criteria document) to email@example.com.
For more information contact A/Prof Vicki White on (03) 9514 6352.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview.
We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
Applications close 14 January 2016
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply